Topic: Bioshock music, if anyone wants it.

I'm sure everyone must know about the computer game Bioshock, a large dose of nautical dieselpunk lunacy. If anyone wants the rather creepy incidental music, it is free to download from the official site, here:

http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/updates.html

It may take a bit of searching, but it's about 1/4 of the way down the page ("Introducing the Bioshock Orchestral Score"). There are also some good new fan art pictures, one of a sort of mechanical whale.

Re: Bioshock music, if anyone wants it.

Moved this to Newspeak.

I always admired the concept arts of Bioshock and actually have some featured in the Underwater section of the TECHNOLOGY GALLERY. 

I didn't know about this "Cult of Rapture" site though.  Looks pretty amazing overall.   As are those fan arts....

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4575/bellyofbeastpi7.th.jpg  http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4373/biotramjx9.th.jpg

Love those trains!  big_smile

As for the music, I'm afraid I'm having a bit of a fight with my computer which refuses to unzip files for some incomprehensible reason....

I finally managed to get the music in spite of my shameful incompetence.  And i absolute love it!

It's a bit creepy, perhaps, sad certainly, but with a dieselpunk-ish sound to it.  Very nice indeed!

I'm ever so sad. My brother owns Bioshock, but when I tried to play it I got horribly motion sick. Some first-person shooter games do that to me, so it is nothing new, but I was really hoping to get to play Bioshock...

...I suppose I'll have to make do listening to the music instead.

Oh dear, that's not good! I guess it's meant to make you a bit queasy, but not that way. Bioshock really earns its 18-cert.

Still, the best thing about it is the artwork, and there's plenty of that on the site. Shame, though.

Even though my brother too owns a copy of the game (which he got for free, because he's got this website where he reviews games)  I must admit I've never played it.  I agree with Captain Toby, here, the best thing about Bioshock's the artwork!  (Indeed, the best thing about any video game might be the concept art.)

Nonetheless, it's quite regrettable that you should be unable to play it.  sad

Ottens wrote:

(Indeed, the best thing about any video game might be the concept art.)

Oh, I agree entirely. Games < Concept Art. I adore concept art.

Finally got round to downloading the music - thanks for the link, Toby.  Reminds me very much of Christophe Beck's music for Buffy.  Got me earphones in at work as I listen to it!

the trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be

Col. Adrianna Hazard wrote:

I'm ever so sad. My brother owns Bioshock, but when I tried to play it I got horribly motion sick. Some first-person shooter games do that to me, so it is nothing new, but I was really hoping to get to play Bioshock...

...I suppose I'll have to make do listening to the music instead.

I'm stuck in a similar boat, mostly due the fact that I don't have a home internet connection, which means I can't verify my installation online so I can actually, you know, play the game.  Fortunately, I've found that the strategy guide has more than enough pretty pictures to keep me happy.

Failing that, there's always Youtube.

Just because you couch your game in steampunk doesn't mean you can just make stuff up.
-Unskippable on "Damnation"