Topic: JFK Survived!

Not particularly diesel, but alternate history nonetheless.  Well--sort of.  Because this was actually supposed to be a serious article. 

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9275/vmjfka1yt0.th.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7626/vmjfka2iq9.th.jpg

JFK  PHOTOGRAPHED AT  SECRET HIDEOUT!
Exclusive pictures show Jackie with crippled Kennedy PROVING  HE  DIDN'T  DIE  IN  DALLAS! See the $million check that can be yours for leading us to JFK!
By Max Roberts
Special to The News, Weekly Word News, May 12, 1992

The NEWS  has found dramatic new evidence to prove that John F. Kennedy didn't die in Dallas and is alive today as we reported in our August 21 edition -- photographs of him and wife Jackie that were taken at a secret hideout in 1971, eight years after his alleged death in 1963!

The pictures originally appeared in a major news magazine and clearly show the frail, wheel-chair-bound former president, Jackie and two attendants on an afternoon troll along the edge of a forest.

They were taken on the Greek Island Skorpios by British civil service employee George Duncastle.  And expert photo analysts commissioned by The NEWS agree that they depict JFK and his wife, their twins or their doubles.

"As far as I am concerned, these pictures confirm that President John F. Kennedy survived the assassination attempt -- and still might be alive today," said Jeff Davis, one of six experts who analyzed the photos for The NEWS.

"They don't appear to have been altered or retouched.  And a computer-enhanced close-up of the central figure obviously reveals John Kennedy's face."

The NEWS blew the lid off the apparent Kennedy assassination hoax in August with a story based on an unsolicited letter from Dr. Sonya Faron, who claims to have been Kennedy's personal physician from 1963 to 1989.

In no uncertain terms the neurosurgeon stated that Kennedy not only survived an assassin's bullets, he arranged to flee the United States and remains conscious and aware -- though slightly brain-damaged and crippled -- today.

[...]

According to the Canadian news magazine, Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis hired nurse Koula Markopolis to take care of Kennedy during one of his visits in 1969.

She said Kennedy was the only patient in Onassis' private hospital and described his injuries and condition as "among the worst I've ever seen."

"He weighed practically nothing and you could only guess what he had been like before his injuries," said the woman.  "His hair was prematurely white and the entire back of his head was a scarred mass."

"It had obviously been operated on several times and there was a metal plate under the skin to protect what was left of his brain."

"He must have had a tremendous will and a strong constitution."

[...]

Re: JFK Survived!

That these things are passed off as true and that people buy them never ceases to amaze me.

Although I wasn't alive when it happened, I've read about the circumstances of his death, and I'm fairly sure that anyone who would of witnessed it could attest to the fact that no one would survive that. I mean, after all, there's a reason why most FPS games include "headshot" as an instant kill...

That is an interesting cover, though. I find those things amusing at times, when they have some of this stuff. Or all the Batboy stories.

Sean Schönherr, author of Cinema is Cinema

Er... isn't Weekly World News a joke paper?

Is it?  I don't know.  I never heard of it, to be honest. 

Well, it certainly must have become after they ran this story. wink

Weekly World News is a joke paper, but it plays itself off as serious and some people take it as such. But yeah, most sane, intelligent people know that it is entirely a joke.

Sean Schönherr, author of Cinema is Cinema

Seems they found other people alive too!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/73/Elvissighting.jpg/180px-Elvissighting.jpg

I'm just amused at how much the elderly-but-ALIVE-Elvis looks like Bruce Campbell's part in "Bubba Ho-Tep"  big_smile

"Cattle die, kinsmen die, the self must also die, but glory never dies for he that wins it."

The World Weekly News: Your source for the facts about alien abductions, mutant babies, cryptozoology and absurd religious relics since 1979.

Sounds like an amusing read smile
I doubt they sell it here in Belgium though, that kind of magazine never really caught on in this country.

It's been discontinued recently, so I don't think it is being sold anywhere. Much to the disappointment of conspiracy theorists and UFO enthusiasts.